Degree Title: Master of Business Administration
Program Name and Number: Professional MBA – MB6146
Department/Unit: Graduate Programs, College of Business
Delivery Mode: The Professional MBA is delivered in a hybrid format. Classes meet in person one Saturday each month and virtually on several occasions throughout the semester. Content is also delivered through online learning modules.
Program Mission: The mission of the Professional MBA is to provide working professionals with the management skills and business acumen necessary to advance their careers.
Program Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of business knowledge across business disciplines.
- Integrate information from multiple business disciplines to frame and solve business problems.
- Evaluate business problems and apply business knowledge to add value in a business context.
- Develop the leadership skills necessary to lead organizations in a dynamic environment.
- Create effective teams through collaboration and the use of high performance team capabilities.
- Analyze ethical dimensions of business decisions using ethical decision frameworks.
- Demonstrate effective writing and presentation skills.
Program Overview: The Professional MBA program utilizes a blended delivery curriculum that employs virtual classrooms, online learning modules and once-a-month Saturday residencies allowing students maximum flexibility to learn course content. The program is offered in Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio. A cohort design provides students networking and shared learning experiences. Each cohort begins coursework and progresses through the program together over a period of 20 months.
The program is based on the essentials that provide the foundation for success in the business world: innovation, entrepreneurship, strategic leadership, and professional development. The PMBA provides a rigorous, application-based process to developing thorough knowledge of business disciplines with emphasis on these areas.
Leadership development is the cornerstone to the program. A series of leadership seminars explores leadership styles, professional development planning, change management, creative problem solving, effective communication and ethical decision-making. Together with an exceptional set of core business courses, the program provides professionals with the tools necessary to advance their careers.
Link to Program: http://business.ohio.edu/academics/graduate-degrees/professional-master-of-business-administration/
Graduation Requirements: The program curriculum is a 35 credit hour, lock-step program. Students will take the following courses in five semesters.
- MBA 6320 Data Analysis for Decision Making
- MBA 6340 Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management
- MBA 6325 Prescriptive Analytics
- MBA 6315 Accounting for Executives
- MBA 6350 Strategic Marketing and Value Chain Management
- MBA 6335 Managerial Finance
- MBA 6360 Strategic Use of Information
- MBA 6370 Operations Management
- MBA 6380 Strategy
- MBA 6912 Applied Business Experience
- MBA 6900 Leadership Series (6 credit hours)
- Regionally accredited bachelor’s degree.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience.
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic references. At least one letter from a supervisor is strongly recommended.
- Official transcripts from all degree bearing institutions at the bachelor’s level or higher and unofficial transcript for any additional college coursework.
- A professional plan statement discussing your career goals, how the master’s degree will help you achieve those goals, areas or competencies that you expect the program will help you strengthen and what you plan to contribute to the learning community.
- Current resume.
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native English speakers.
Transfer credits are not accepted for this program.