Degree Title: Master of Business Administration
Program Name and Numbers: Online MBA – MB6152, MB6153, MB6155
Department/Unit: Graduate Programs, College of Business
Delivery Mode: The Online MBA is delivered through online modules and virtual classes. Students are required to attend a minimum of one weekend residency in Athens, Ohio over the course of the program.
Program Mission: The mission of the Online MBA is to provide working professionals with specialized skills to advance their careers.
Program Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of business knowledge across business disciplines.
- Integrate information from multiple business disciplines to frame and solve business problems.
- Evaluate business problems and apply business knowledge to add value in a business context.
- Develop the leadership skills necessary to lead organizations in a dynamic environment.
- Create effective teams through collaboration and the use of high performance team capabilities.
- Analyze ethical dimensions of business decisions using ethical decision frameworks.
- Demonstrate effective writing and presentation skills.
Program Overview: The Online MBA is designed to help working professionals build a valued career in the business world through the development of the essentials of critical thinking and practical business knowledge that defines successful leaders.
The Online MBA program is structured to help students enhance core business competencies and develop the confidence to thrive as strategic and resourceful professionals. The program promotes career-changing and professional and personal development by providing advanced knowledge and tools to excel in the business world.
Concentrations in Finance, Executive Management, and Health Care and provide an academically robust, accessible and focused program to help students achieve their career goals.
Concentrations: The Online MBA offers three concentrations.
Online MBA with a concentration in Finance (MB6153). Examine the risks and rewards for investing in volatile markets and gain a deeper understanding of portfolio management and corporate finance. Focus on the study of financial protocol, including capital; the structure of financial institutions; dividend policies; long and short term financing; and risk management at the firm level.
Online MBA with a concentration in Executive Management (MB6155). Learn to collect, interpret, and utilize the analytics and data that drive successful business. Develop the capacity for critical thinking and confident decision-making. Focus on the theories, challenges and practices associated with implementing organizational change. Examine ethical business in the global environment.
Online MBA with a concentration in Health Care (MB6152). Prepare for roles in senior management as well as product development, marketing, operations, and supply-chain analysis in the high-demand field of health care. Examine the U.S. health care delivery system, explore the intricacies of health care finance, and focus on the rules and regulations governing health care practice and the insurance industry.
Link to Program: http://business.ohio.edu/academics/graduate-degrees/online-master-of-business-administration/
Graduation Requirements: The program curriculum is a 35 credit hour, lock-step program. Students will take the following courses over six semesters.
- MBA 6320 Data Analysis for Decision Making
- MBA 6340 Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management
- MBA 6315 Accounting for Executives
- MBA 6335 Managerial Finance
- MBA 6350 Strategic Marketing and Value Chain Management
- MBA 6360 Strategic Use of Information
- MBA 6370 Operations Management
- MBA 6380 Strategy
- MBA 6912 Applied Business Experience
- MBA 6345 Financial Markets & Institutions
- MBA 6355 Investments
- MBA 6365 Advanced Corporate Finance
Executive Management Concentration
- MBA 6325 Prescriptive Analytics
- MBA 6425 Leadership and Change Management
- MBA 6525 Ethics in Global Environments
Health Care Concentration
- HLTH 6010 Introduction to the U.S. Health Care System
- HLTH 6210 Health Care Finance
- HLTH 6280 Health Law
Students must also attend a minimum of one weekend Professional Development Workshop in Athens, Ohio.
- Regionally accredited bachelor’s degree.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience.
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic references. At least one letter from a supervisor is strongly recommended.
- Official transcripts from all degree bearing institutions at the bachelor’s level or higher and unofficial transcript for any additional college coursework.
- A professional plan statement discussing your career goals, how the master’s degree will help you achieve those goals, areas or competencies that you expect the program will help you strengthen and what you plan to contribute to the learning community.
- Current resume.
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native English speakers.
Transfer credits are not accepted for this program.