Degree Title: Master of Business Administration
Program Name and Number: Full-time MBA – MB6123
Department/Unit: Graduate Programs, College of Business
Delivery Mode: The Full-time MBA is offered on the Athens campus.
Program Mission: The mission of the Full-time MBA program is to provide the best graduate education for business students in the region, by focusing on knowledge acquisition, systematic applied learning, and personalized coaching.
Program Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of business knowledge across business disciplines.
- Integrate information from multiple business disciplines to frame and solve business problems.
- Evaluate business problems and apply business knowledge to add value in a business context.
- Develop the leadership skills necessary to lead organizations in a dynamic environment.
- Create effective teams through collaboration and the use of high performance team capabilities.
- Analyze ethical dimensions of business decisions using ethical decision frameworks.
- Demonstrate effective writing and presentation skills.
Program Overview: MBA students find value in gaining skills that closely align with their career goals. Designed to be completed in one year, our carefully crafted 42-hour credit hour curriculum provides holistic business knowledge through rigorous core classes, professional development seminars, on-site company tours and networking, and an international immersion experience.
Reflecting the real business world, students won’t be navigating those challenges alone. Students work with fellow peers from diverse backgrounds within a cohort structure. As a team, students expand knowledge in areas like organizational behavior, strategic marketing and supply chain management, and business analytics. Learning to be a better leader and a more effective teammate are some of the many skills students learn in and outside the classroom.
Graduation Requirements: The program curriculum is a 42 credit hour, lock-step program. Students will take the following courses over the course of three semesters (one calendar year).
- MBA 6320 Data Analysis for Decision Making
- MBA 6340 Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management
- MBA 6325 Prescriptive Analytics
- MBA 6315 Accounting for Executives
- MBA 6350 Strategic Marketing and Value Chain Management
- MBA 6335 Managerial Finance
- MBA 6360 Strategic Use of Information
- MBA 6370 Operations Management
- MBA 6380 Strategy
- MBA 6912 Applied Business Experience
- MBA 6900 Seminar (13 hours)
Seminars will include leadership and professional development, company visits, team cultivation and coaching, and an international immersion experience.
- Regionally accredited bachelor’s degree.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- GMAT or GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic references.
- Official transcripts from all degree bearing institutions at the bachelor’s level or higher and unofficial transcript for any additional college coursework.
- A professional plan statement discussing your career goals, how the master’s degree will help you achieve those goals, areas or competencies that you expect the program will help you strengthen and what you plan to contribute to the learning community.
- Current resume.
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native English speakers.
Transfer credits are not accepted for this program.