Sep 26, 2023
QBA 2720 - Business Analytics
Business Analytics is the use, analysis, and interpretation of data to drive decision-making. This course teaches students how to apply problem-solving processes to a variety of business situations, think critically and analytically, and understand how to analyze the internal and external environments of business organizations. Students in this course gain an understanding of how analytical methods are used to help to manage today’s organizations. In addition, students use software that is commonly used in business to summarize and make inferences about data in order to support decision-making through data analysis.
Requisites: QBA 1720 or 1721 or 2010
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Quantitative Reasoning
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to develop formulas to calculate desired values using software used in business
- Students will be able to interpret and summarize data using conditional descriptive statistics
- Students will be able to construct probability distributions and estimate probabilities based on sample data
- Students will be able to test hypothesis about populations using sample data
- Students will be able to create forecasts based on business data using techniques from predictive analytics
- Students will be able to develop optimization models for business scenarios by using techniques from prescriptive analytics
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)