Sep 28, 2023
ENG 3050J - Advanced Multilingual Writing and Rhetoric
This course is for multilingual students and encourages students to draw on their knowledge and talent in all languages to compose effectively in English. Students compose print and multimodal texts in a variety of public and professional genres, composing primarily in English. Students receive additional English language support as needed. The course also explores relationships between language and power, especially English as a global language.
Requisites: (ENG 1510 or 1610) and (Jr or Sr)
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Advanced Writing
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 1J
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Articulate the complex ways in which English operates as a global language.
- Complete multiple drafts of their compositions.
- Compose rhetorically appropriate texts in a variety of genres for a variety of audiences and situations.
- Compose successful arguments in public and professional genres.
- Employ strengths of multilingualism when composing.
- Identify strengths of multilingualism.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)