Mar 30, 2023
ETM 3700J - Professional and Technical Writing
This course covers the preparation, research, organization, draft writing and revisions of technical documents such as proposals, product descriptions, mission statements, reports, and instructions.
Requisites: (ENG 1510 or 1610) and (Jr or Sr)
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Advanced Writing
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 1J
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to create and revise technical documents.
- Students will be able to apply technical writing concepts and complete technical writing task intended for a specific set of audience.
- Students will be able to perform technical writing through a series of task including finding, evaluating, analyzing, and synthesizing various sources.
- Students will be able to use writing for the purpose of inquiry, learning, thinking, and communicating in a legal and ethical manner.
- Student will be able to develop knowledge of genre conventions ranging from structure, formatting, organization syntax, and paragraphing to tone and mechanics.
- Students will be able to practice documenting their own work and integrate ideas with those of others and critique their own as well as others work.
- Students will be able to use technology appropriately and effectively to support a writing process.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)