Aug 13, 2022
HC 3000J - Honors Thesis Writing and Research
Prepares students to use scholarly resources to write senior thesis projects in the Honors Tutorial College. Students are required to master research methods, library resources, the integration of primary and secondary texts, discipline-specific documentation styles, and the conventions of critical writing. Students do extensive outside research, compose annotated bibliographies, write a research prospectus, revise their writing, and make presentations to the class about their work.
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Advanced Writing
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 1J
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Be aware that it usually takes multiple drafts to create and complete a successful text of any kind.
- Communicate effectively in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Develop flexible strategies for generating, revising, editing, and proof-reading.
- Develop skill in planning, writing, and completing a thesis.
- Integrate their own ideas with those of others.
- Practice appropriate means of documenting their work.
- Use writing as a tool for thinking and learning.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)