Aug 13, 2022
ENG 2800 - Expository Writing and the Research Paper
Practice in library research, techniques of documentation, and writing research papers.
Requisites: ENG 1510 or 1610 or 151A or 152 or 153 or 153A or 153B
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Advanced Writing
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 1J
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: OTM course: TME002 Second Writing Course
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Compose original arguments.
- Control writing style and grammar.
- Develop written documents for specific rhetorical situations–formal, informal, academic, and workplace.
- Document sources correctly and understand plagiarism.
- Learn to search databases for appropriate sources and to evaluate the quality of those sources.
- Summarize, analyze, and critique multiple sources.
- Synthesize sources to produce coherent, thoughtful writing.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)