Jun 28, 2022
MGT 2000 - Introduction to Management
Understanding of and practice in solving problems facing managers and administrators using concepts and principles from behavioral sciences and other applicable disciplines.
Requisites: Not COB except major code BS8123 and (Soph or Jr or Sr) and WARNING: no credit if taken after MGT 2100
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 2SS
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Basic understanding of issues of decision-making, teamwork, motivation, and leadership in organizations.
- Knowledge and comprehension about Competitiveness Strategy and Productivity.
- Knowledge and comprehension about Process Performance and Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge and comprehension of Ethics and Business Law.
- Knowledge and comprehension of Global Management and Global Legal Issues.
- Knowledge and comprehension of Organizatonal Culture, Structure, and Teams.
- Understanding of Human Resource Management Key Practices.
- Understanding of role of managers in creating value in organizations.
- Understanding of the major managerial functions and roles.
- Understanding the manager’s changing work environment.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)