Jun 12, 2021
LAT 1120 - Beginning Latin II
Second in a year-long sequence that introduce the fundamentals of Latin grammar, syntax, and morphology. Emphasis on reading continuous passages of Latin prose written by or adapted from ancient authors.
Requisites: LAT 1110
Credit Hours: 4
General Education Code: 2CP
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 4.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Acquisition of classical Latin vocabulary and morphology.
- Building knowledge of English grammar and etymology.
- Comprehension of grammatical concepts.
- Developing an appreciation of the sounds of Latin.
- Development of skills in reading and writing classical Latin.
- Introducing the basics of Roman culture.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)