Business Analytics Leadership Certificate – CTBALG
College of Business
College of Business Annex 351
Athens, OH 45701
Delivery Mode: Online
Terms of Entry: Fall, Spring, Summer
Enrollment Eligibility: Current degree-seeking student, non-degree status
This certificate is geared towards managers or aspiring managers that want to be able to maximize the strategic benefits from analytics business initiatives. Course topics include emerging information technologies, business justification of IT investments, strategic use of analytics, and people, organizational structure, and culture management concerns related to analytics. For the Business Analytics Leadership Certificate curriculum, students are required to take three courses (9 credit hours). These courses are currently being offered as part of our online Master of Business Administration (OMBA) programs and online Master of Business Analytics (OMBAn) program
Opportunities upon Completion
Virtually every form of business can utilize Analytics to improve decision-making in any setting. This program helps management level professionals (or aspiring managers) learn how to lead analytics initiatives for organizations. Leaders skilled in this area are critical to modern business and are in high demand as analytics management knowledge and communication is cited as one of the biggest factors in the success and failure of analytics initiatives (McKinsey, 2016).
Certificate Relationship to Parent Degree Program
These courses are currently being offered as part of our online Master of Business Administration (OMBA) programs and online Master of Business Analytics (OMBAn) program.
- Online application with $35 fee
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited university, GPA 3.0 or higher
- Official transcript(s)
- Current resume
- Personal statement for students whose undergraduate GPA is less than 3.0.
- No GRE or GMAT scores required
International applicants must also submit:
- TOEFL iBT score of 150 or IELTS of 7.5
- General academic credentials evaluation (ECE or WES report)
College of Business Graduate Academic Credit Transfer Policy
Students may request transfer of credit from an accredited university within the limits of the Ohio University Graduate Catalog. Graduate credits from AACSB accredited business school or college may be applied toward a College of Business graduate program under the following conditions:
- A maximum of six credit hours toward a graduate degree program may be applied.
- A maximum of three credit hours toward a graduate certificate may be applied.
- Approval of transfer credit is granted by the Department Chair of the academic discipline in which credit is being requested. Course credit must be:
- Earned through an AACSB-accredited business school,
- Designated as graduate credit at the institution where taken,
- Letter graded B or better,
- Earned within the pasts five years,
- Applicable toward a graduate degree at the institution where taken, and
- Earned in courses taught by members of that institution’s graduate faculty.
Students must provide the following information to the Graduate College during the admissions process for graduate course credits to be evaluated for transfer credit:
- Official Transcript
- Syllabus from course(s) to be evaluated for transfer credit, from the term the course was completed
- COB Graduate Transfer Credit Form
This certificate program does not permit full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 cannot be issued based on admission to this program.
Admitted students will need to earn a C or better in all of the certificate courses. And, students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to be awarded the certificate.
Complete a minimum of 9 credit hours as follows: