Human Resource Management Certificate - CTHRMG
College of Business
College of Business Annex 351
Athens, OH 45701
Delivery Mode: Online
Terms of Entry: Fall, Spring, Summer
Enrollment Eligibility: Current degree-seeking student or non-degree status
The Human Resources Management certificate addresses the need for students to attain a comprehensive understanding of the human resources value chain to enable the optimal interface between human resource solutions and organizational needs, in order to deliver outstanding results through talent.
Expected time to complete degree: one and a half to two semesters
Certificate Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Recognize the intersection of business strategy and talent strategy to deliver optimal organizational results.
- Align the human resources process and systems to achieve organizational synergies.
- Identify the legal and reputational risks inherent in the human resources value chain and develop actions to prevent and mitigate those risks.
Opportunities upon Completion
This certificate will prepare students to become a key contributor in the strategic planning and management of human capital within their respective organizations. Students that successfully complete this certificate will be more able to lead people at the next level. Graduates may be able to enter the Human Resources Field, expand their network or move to a higher or more strategic position within Human Resources. This may provide additional and improved career opportunities such as changing roles due to an increase in knowledge and managerial skills.
- Online application with $35 fee
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited university, GPA 3.0 or higher
- Official transcript(s)
- Current resume
- Personal statement for students whose undergraduate GPA is less than 3.0.
- No GRE or GMAT scores required
International applicants must also submit:
- TOEFL iBT score of 150 or IELTS of 7.5
- General academic credentials evaluation (ECE or WES report)
College of Business Graduate Academic Credit Transfer Policy
Students may request transfer of credit from an accredited university within the limits of the Ohio University Graduate Catalog. Graduate credits from AACSB accredited business school or college may be applied toward a College of Business graduate program under the following conditions:
- A maximum of six credit hours toward a graduate degree program may be applied.
- A maximum of three credit hours toward a graduate certificate may be applied.
- Approval of transfer credit is granted by the Department Chair of the academic discipline in which credit is being requested. Course credit must be:
- Earned through an AACSB-accredited business school,
- Designated as graduate credit at the institution where taken,
- Letter graded B or better,
- Earned within the pasts five years,
- Applicable toward a graduate degree at the institution where taken, and
- Earned in courses taught by members of that institution’s graduate faculty.
Students must provide the following information to the Graduate College during the admissions process for graduate course credits to be evaluated for transfer credit:
- Official Transcript
- Syllabus from course(s) to be evaluated for transfer credit, from the term the course was completed
- COB Graduate Transfer Credit Form
This certificate program does not permit full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 cannot be issued based on admission to this program.
Admitted students will need to earn a C or better in all of the certificate courses. And, students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to be awarded the certificate.
Complete a minimum of 9 credit hours as follows: