Master of Science in Management
Management – MS6100
College of Business
College of Business Annex 351
Athens, OH 45701
Delivery Mode: Online
Terms of Entry: Fall, Spring, Summer
The Master’s of Science in Management is the business degree of choice for non-business students. This flexible degree, through its stackable certificates, allows students to add value in the areas most critical to their organizations and their own talent portfolios. It provides all graduates with the key knowledge, skills and abilities specifically related to managing people and process in and across organizations. The curriculum takes an in-depth approach to the study of management practice and theory, culminating in a rich capstone experience that includes an applied or theoretical project. This business degree will fast-track the career of those looking to enhance their skills, provide key knowledge for career entrants, and solidify the skills of seasoned professionals.
This a part-time program that may be completed in as few as 24 months.
Students admitted to this program will also complete three graduate certificates. The first certificate that is earned as a part of this program is:
CTMLCG – Management & Leadership Certificate
Students may then choose to complete two other certificates. Some of the certificates that are currently offered are:
- CTBVCG – Business Venturing Certificate
- CTOAMG – Operations & Supply Chain Management Certificate
- CTHRMG – Human Resource Management Certificate
- CTBACG – Business Analytics Certificate
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Analyze performance in organizations relevant to managerial theories.
- Apply managerial knowledge to decision making situations in organizations.
- Demonstrate leadership skills relevant to organizational effectiveness.
- Apply theories of organizations to be able to make strategic decisions based on sets of information.
Opportunities for Graduates
This business degree will prepare students to become key contributors to managerial planning and practices within their respective organizations. Students that successfully complete this certificate will be more able to manage people and processes at the next level. Graduates may be able to enter the management field, expand their network or move to a higher or more strategic position within their organization. This degree may also provide additional and improved career opportunities such as changing roles or levels due to an increase in both knowledge and managerial skills.
- Online application
- US Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, accredited institution, 3.0 GPA or greater
- Official transcripts from all degree-granting institutions at bachelor’s level or higher and for all graduate coursework
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- 2 years’ experience preferred
- TOEFL or IELTS if non-native English speaker
College of Business Graduate Academic Credit Transfer Policy
Students may request transfer of credit from an accredited university within the limits of the Ohio University Graduate Catalog. Graduate credits from AACSB accredited business school or college may be applied toward a College of Business graduate program under the following conditions:
- A maximum of six credit hours toward a graduate degree program may be applied.
- A maximum of three credit hours toward a graduate certificate may be applied.
- Approval of transfer credit is granted by the Department Chair of the academic discipline in which credit is being requested. Course credit must be:
- Earned through an AACSB-accredited business school,
- Designated as graduate credit at the institution where taken,
- Letter graded B or better,
- Earned within the pasts five years,
- Applicable toward a graduate degree at the institution where taken, and
- Earned in courses taught by members of that institution’s graduate faculty.
Students must provide the following information to the Graduate College during the admissions process for graduate course credits to be evaluated for transfer credit:
- Official Transcript
- Syllabus from course(s) to be evaluated for transfer credit, from the term the course was completed
- COB Graduate Transfer Credit Form
This program does not permit full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 cannot be issued based on admission to this program.
Complete a minimum of 36 hours with no grade below a C. The Management and Leadership Certificate and the capstone experience are required; students must also complete two of the elective certificates listed.