Strategic Selling & Sales Leadership Certificate – CTSSLG
College of Business
College of Business Annex 351
Athens, OH 45701
Delivery Mode: Online
Terms of Entry: Fall, Spring, Summer
Enrollment Eligibility: Current degree-seeking student or non-degree status
Expected time to complete degree is 3 semesters
Curriculum content will include topics such as sales force management, strategic account management, leading sales teams, sales analytics, selling methodologies, and account analysis and selection.
The mission of the program is to provide sales professionals/executives with cutting-edge knowledge and skills required in contemporary markets.
Certificate Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Identify and discuss professional selling concepts important to today’s business environment.
- Evaluate and apply sales management concepts to real world selling situations.
- Develop and use sales analytics tools to evaluate selling and sales contexts.
Opportunities upon Completion
Students who successfully complete the Strategic Selling & Sales Leadership Certificate will gain knowledge related to the core areas of sales and gain experience using industry standard tools. This provides additional and improved career opportunities for students currently working as sales professionals, sales managers or sales executives. Specifically, students currently working as sales professionals will advance more quickly in the sales hierarchy as a result of knowledge and experience from the certificate that provide a jump forward in cutting-edge knowledge and expertise. The certificate will also allow students working in frontline sales positions to become more efficient and productive in their roles as their breadth of knowledge and experience has increased. Finally, students currently working as sales managers or sales executives will also gain from an increase in their breadth of knowledge and experience, providing an advantage in leading the frontlines of their firms.
- Online application with $35 fee
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official transcript(s)
- Current resume
- Personal statement for students whose undergraduate GPA is less than 3.0.
- No GRE or GMAT scores required
International applicants must also submit:
- TOEFL iBT score of 150 or IELTS of 7.5
- General academic credentials evaluation (ECE or WES report)
College of Business Graduate Academic Credit Transfer Policy
Students may request transfer of credit from an accredited university within the limits of the Ohio University Graduate Catalog. Graduate credits from AACSB accredited business school or college may be applied toward a College of Business graduate program under the following conditions:
- A maximum of six credit hours toward a graduate degree program may be applied.
- A maximum of three credit hours toward a graduate certificate may be applied.
- Approval of transfer credit is granted by the Department Chair of the academic discipline in which credit is being requested. Course credit must be:
- Earned through an AACSB-accredited business school,
- Designated as graduate credit at the institution where taken,
- Letter graded B or better,
- Earned within the pasts five years,
- Applicable toward a graduate degree at the institution where taken, and
- Earned in courses taught by members of that institution’s graduate faculty.
Students must provide the following information to the Graduate College during the admissions process for graduate course credits to be evaluated for transfer credit:
- Official Transcript
- Syllabus from course(s) to be evaluated for transfer credit, from the term the course was completed
- COB Graduate Transfer Credit Form
This certificate program does not permit full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 cannot be issued based on admission to this program.
Admitted students will need to earn a C or better in all of the certificate courses. And, students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to be awarded the certificate.
Complete a minimum of 9 credit hours as follows: