Operations & Supply Chain Management Certificate – CTOAMG
College of Business
College of Business Annex 351
Athens, OH 45701
Delivery Mode: Online
Terms of Entry: Fall, Spring, Summer
Enrollment Eligibility: Current degree-seeking student or non-degree status
Expected time to complete degree: 2-3 semesters
The Supply Chain and Operations Management Certificate provides students with a global perspective. Students will understand the complexity and interdependence of functions within an organization as well as organizations within a supply network. Students will gain an understanding of continuous improvement for increasing quality levels, decreasing costs, and reducing risks within an organization. A student that completes this certificate will be a more effective manager, a systems thinker, and a problem solver.
This certificate serves to sharpen the managerial skills of working professionals and graduate students for the management of operations and global supply chains. It provides students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to strategically manage and improve projects, processes, and global risk in the modern business environment.
Certificate Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Explain the problems associated with both internal and external variability.
- Describe risk management strategies for operational and global supply networks.
- Discuss the strategic management of operations at a micro- and macro-level.
- Identify the challenges of managing both projects and processes.
Opportunities upon Completion
After the completion of the Operations and Supply Chain Management Certificate, students will be able to apply techniques for process improvement, understand basics of project management, and the implications of operations/supply chain risk. Students can seek career opportunities such as: Operations Manager/Director; Supply Chain Manager/Director; Quality Manager/Director; and other positions related to process improvement, inventory, logistics, risk analysis, value chain, etc.
- Online application
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university, GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- All transcripts
- Current resume with optional cover letter
- Personal statment for students whose undergraduate GPA is less than 3.0
- International applicants must also submit:
- TOEFL or IELTS if non-native English speaker
College of Business Graduate Academic Credit Transfer Policy
Students may request transfer of credit from an accredited university within the limits of the Ohio University Graduate Catalog. Graduate credits from AACSB accredited business school or college may be applied toward a College of Business graduate program under the following conditions:
- A maximum of six credit hours toward a graduate degree program may be applied.
- A maximum of three credit hours toward a graduate certificate may be applied.
- Approval of transfer credit is granted by the Department Chair of the academic discipline in which credit is being requested. Course credit must be:
- Earned through an AACSB-accredited business school,
- Designated as graduate credit at the institution where taken,
- Letter graded B or better,
- Earned within the pasts five years,
- Applicable toward a graduate degree at the institution where taken, and
- Earned in courses taught by members of that institution’s graduate faculty.
Students must provide the following information to the Graduate College during the admissions process for graduate course credits to be evaluated for transfer credit:
- Official Transcript
- Syllabus from course(s) to be evaluated for transfer credit, from the term the course was completed
- COB Graduate Transfer Credit Form
This certificate program does not permit full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 cannot be issued based on admission to this program.
Admitted students will need to earn a C or better in all of the certificate courses. And, students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to be awarded the certificate.
Complete a minimum of 9 credit hours as follows: