Management and Leadership Certificate – CTMLCG
College of Business
College of Business Annex 351
Athens, OH 45701
Delivery Mode: Online
Terms of Entry: Fall, Spring, Summer
Enrollment Eligibility: Current degree-seeking student or non-degree status
Expected time to complete degree: one and a half to two semesters
The Management and Leadership Certificate addresses a critical need for in-career professionals to deepen their strategic managerial, leadership and team skills in support of the strategic context of organizations. This program develops strategic leaders who become aware of their personal capabilities in behavioral decision making and strategic mindset for creating extraordinary value.
Certificate Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Display leader and follower skills in a team setting.
- Make administrative, operational and strategic decisions based on sets of information.
- Analyze the business environment and identify trends, problems and diagnoses.
Opportunities upon Completion
Students who complete this program will be more likely to rise to higher levels in their careers, leading people and projects at the next level. They will expand their networks and be ready for advancement opportunities and to take on the challenges of their current position. Students will be able to apply best practices to strategic leadership and decision making, create value through strategic competitive analysis, and implement strategies that can quickly impact personal and company success.
- Online application with $35 fee
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited university, GPA 3.0 or higher
- Official transcript(s)
- Current resume
- Personal statement for students whose undergraduate GPA is less than 3.0.
- No GRE or GMAT scores required
International applicants must also submit:
- TOEFL iBT score of 150 or IELTS of 7.5
- General academic credentials evaluation (ECE or WES report)
College of Business Graduate Academic Credit Transfer Policy
Students may request transfer of credit from an accredited university within the limits of the Ohio University Graduate Catalog. Graduate credits from AACSB accredited business school or college may be applied toward a College of Business graduate program under the following conditions:
- A maximum of six credit hours toward a graduate degree program may be applied.
- A maximum of three credit hours toward a graduate certificate may be applied.
- Approval of transfer credit is granted by the Department Chair of the academic discipline in which credit is being requested. Course credit must be:
- Earned through an AACSB-accredited business school,
- Designated as graduate credit at the institution where taken,
- Letter graded B or better,
- Earned within the pasts five years,
- Applicable toward a graduate degree at the institution where taken, and
- Earned in courses taught by members of that institution’s graduate faculty.
Students must provide the following information to the Graduate College during the admissions process for graduate course credits to be evaluated for transfer credit:
- Official Transcript
- Syllabus from course(s) to be evaluated for transfer credit, from the term the course was completed
- COB Graduate Transfer Credit Form
This certificate program does not permit full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 cannot be issued based on admission to this program.
Admitted students will need to earn a C or better in all of the certificate courses. And, students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to be awarded the certificate.
Complete a minimum of 9 hours as follows: