Master of Business Administration & Master of Sports Administration
MBA – MB6141; MSA – MS8149
College of Business
College of Business Annex 351
Athens, OH 45701
Delivery Mode: Athens campus
Term of Entry: Fall
The mission of the MBA and MSA dual program is to prepare students for leadership positions in the sport and entertainment industry by combining the academically rigorous One-Year MBA program with the sport-specific knowledge of the MSA program. The curriculum addresses the growing complexity of the sports, facility, and entertainment industries, and helps our students develop the essential skills in communication, collaboration, and teamwork that are critical for success.
The MBA/MSA dual program combines a business foundation with a sport-specific focus to create a program that uniquely prepares students to enter the sport and entertainment industry. The curriculum facilitates the connection of classroom knowledge to professional experiences and provides students the opportunity to apply these skills through hands on projects.
The One-Year MBA program provides holistic business knowledge through rigorous courses, as well as an intensive consulting capstone seminar and an international immersion experience. In addition to the curriculum, students will expand their skills with an array of professional development sessions focusing on areas such as: leadership development, career management, and effective communication, as well as the opportunity to engage with business executives and other guest speakers on relevant business topics.
The MSA program provides a great range of learning options to specialize the degree. The required courses provide a strong foundation in sports administration, while providing the students with opportunities to enhance the degree with elective offerings. Through practicum, independent study and focused experiential assignments, students have the opportunity to partner with industry experts to solve real-world sport industry problems.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of business knowledge across business disciplines.
- Use analytical thinking skills to solve business problems.
- Exhibit leadership skills relevant to the business profession.
- Demonstrate effective communications skills.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of sport business knowledge across business disciplines.
- Develop professional skills and abilities relevant to the sports business profession
Link to Program: https://business.ohio.edu/academics/graduate-degrees/master-of-sports-administration-and-mba-dual-degree/
- Regionally accredited bachelor’s degree.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic references.
- Official transcripts from all degree bearing institutions at the bachelor’s level or higher and unofficial transcript for any additional college coursework.
- A professional plan statement discussing your career goals, how the master’s degree will help you achieve those goals, areas or competencies that you expect the program will help you strengthen and what you plan to contribute to the learning community.
- Current resume.
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native English speakers.
Transfer credits are not accepted for the MBA portion of this program. Up to 6 transfer credits from prior graduate study may be applied to the MSA portion of this program.
This program permits full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 may be issued based on admission to this program.