Master of Sports Administration
Sports Administration – MS8112
College of Business
College of Business Annex 351
Athens, OH 45701
Delivery Mode: Athens campus
Terms of Entry: Summer
The mission of the MSA program is to provide a cutting edge sports administration education to students interested in pursuing careers in the sports and entertainment industry.
The MSA program is at the forefront of the sports industry. The curriculum facilitates the connection of classroom knowledge to professional experiences and provides students the opportunity to apply these skills through hands on projects.
The MSA program provides a great range of learning options specialize the degree. The required courses provide a strong foundation in sports administration, while providing the students with opportunities to enhance the degree with electives offerings. Through practicum, independent study and special problems courses, students have the opportunity to partner with industry experts to solve real-world sport industry problems. Full-time students are normally expected to complete the degree in ten months (July-May).
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of sport business knowledge across business disciplines.
- Develop professional skills and abilities relevant to the sports business profession.
- Regionally accredited bachelor’s degree.
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic references.
- Official transcripts from all degree bearing institutions at the bachelor’s level or higher and unofficial transcript for any additional college coursework.
- A professional plan statement discussing your career goals, how the master’s degree will help you achieve those goals, areas or competencies that you expect the program will help you strengthen and what you plan to contribute to the learning community.
- Current resume.
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native English speakers.
This program permits full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 may be issued based on admission to this program.