Degree Title and Name: Master of Science in Management
Program Name and Number: Management – MS6100
Delivery Mode: Online
Terms of Entry: Fall, Spring, Summer
Program Overview: The Master’s of Science in Management is the business degree of choice for non-business students. This flexible degree, through its stackable certificates, allows students to add value in the areas most critical to their organizations and their own talent portfolios. It provides all graduates with the key knowledge, skills and abilities specifically related to managing people and process in and across organizations. The curriculum takes an in-depth approach to the study of management practice and theory, culminating in a rich capstone experience that includes an applied or theoretical project. This business degree will fast-track the career of those looking to enhance their skills, provide key knowledge for career entrants, and solidify the skills of seasoned professionals.
This a part-time program that may be completed in as few as 24 months.
Students admitted to this program will also complete three graduate certificates. The first certificate that is earned as a part of this program is:
CTMLCG & ND9996 – Management & Leadership Certificate
Students may then choose to complete two other certificates. Some of the certificates that are currently offered are:
- CTBVCG & ND9996 – Business Venturing Certificate
- CTOAMG & ND9996 – Operations & Supply Chain Management Certificate
- CTHRMG & ND9996 – Human Resource Management Certificate
- CTBACG & ND9996 – Business Analytics Certificate
Program Learning Outcomes:
Students will be able to:
- Analyze performance in organizations relevant to managerial theories.
- Apply managerial knowledge to decision making situations in organizations.
- Demonstrate leadership skills relevant to organizational effectiveness.
- Apply theories of organizations to be able to make strategic decisions based on sets of information.
Opportunities for Graduates:
This business degree will prepare students to become key contributors to managerial planning and practices within their respective organizations. Students that successfully complete this certificate will be more able to manage people and processes at the next level. Graduates may be able to enter the management field, expand their network or move to a higher or more strategic position within their organization. This degree may also provide additional and improved career opportunities such as changing roles or levels due to an increase in both knowledge and managerial skills.
Complete a minimum of 36 hours in the in the required certificate, capstone course sequence, and two elective certificates below, with no grade below a “C” (course names listed below).
Management and Leadership Certificate
- MGT 5001 - Managing Individuals and Teams
- MGT 5002 - Researching the Business Environment
- MGT 5003 - Managerial Decisions and Challenges
Two Elective Certificates
- MGT 5070 - Managing Innovation
- MGT 5071 - Ideation
- MGT 5072 - New Venture Creation
Operations and Supply Chain Management
- MGT 5020 - Operations and Project Management
- MGT 5021 - Lean Six Sigma
- MGT 5023 Supply Chain Risk Management
Human Resource Management
- MGT 5030 - Legal and Ethics Aspects of Human Resource Management
- MGT 5031 - Talent Acquisition and Strategic Management
- MGT 5032 - Performance Management
- MBA 6320 - Descriptive Analytics
- MBA 6390 - Predictive Analytics
- MBA 6325 - Prescriptive Analytics OR MBA 6395 Business Intelligence
- MGT 5004 - Organizational Effectiveness & Research
- MGT 5940 - Master of Science in Management Capstone Project
- MGT 5006 - Strategic Leadership and Communications
Culminating Experience: The culminating experience may be viewed as a field or clinical experience applying learning from the program to organizational issues, either within the student’s current employer or externally to another organization. Students create their own experience and are mentored by a faculty member as they interconnect their learning from unique certificate knowledge path they have chosen and apply it to organizational issues.
- Online application
- US Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, accredited institution, 3.0 GPA or greater
- All transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- 2+ years’ experience preferred
- TOEFL or IELTS if non-native English speaker
International Students: This program does not permit full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 cannot be issued based on admission to this program.