Certificate Name and Number: Operations & Supply Chain Management Certificate – CTOAMG
Delivery Mode: Online
Terms of Entry: Fall, Spring, Summer
Enrollment Eligibility: Current degree-seeking student or non-degree status
Expected time to complete degree: 2-3 semesters
The Supply Chain and Operations Management Certificate provides students with a global perspective. Students will understand the complexity and interdependence of functions within an organization as well as organizations within a supply network. Students will gain an understanding of continuous improvement for increasing quality levels, decreasing costs, and reducing risks within an organization. A student that completes this certificate will be a more effective manager, a systems thinker, and a problem solver.
This certificate serves to sharpen the managerial skills of working professionals and graduate students for the management of operations and global supply chains. It provides students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to strategically manage and improve projects, processes, and global risk in the modern business environment.
Certificate Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Explain the problems associated with both internal and external variability.
- Describe risk management strategies for operational and global supply networks.
- Discuss the strategic management of operations at a micro- and macro-level.
- Identify the challenges of managing both projects and processes.
Opportunities upon Completion: After the completion of the Operations and Supply Chain Management Certificate, students will be able to apply techniques for process improvement, understand basics of project management, and the implications of operations/supply chain risk. Students can seek career opportunities such as: Operations Manager/Director; Supply Chain Manager/Director; Quality Manager/Director; and other positions related to process improvement, inventory, logistics, risk analysis, value chain, etc.
- Minimum semester hours: 9
- Thesis requirement: No
- Qualifying exam: No
- GPA in program: 3.0
- Required courses: MGT 5020 & choose two (MGT 5021, MGT 5022, MGT 5023)
Financial aid eligibility information:
- Non-degree-seeking students enrolled in this certificate are not eligible for federal financial aid.
- Current degree-seeking students may use federal financial aid only for 1) coursework fulfilling requirements of their degree, including required elective hours, or 2) coursework toward a second financial aid-eligible program.
- Students receiving federal financial aid may not take courses for this certificate unless they are also enrolled full-time (9 hours) in their degree program during the same academic term. Financial aid may be used for courses that count toward both degree requirements and the certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official transcript(s)
- Current resume with optional cover letter
- Online application with $35 fee
- No GRE or GMAT scores required
International applicants must also submit:
- TOEFL iBT score of 150 or IELTS of 7.5
- General academic credentials evaluation (ECE or WES report)
Transfer credits are not accepted for this program.
International Students: This certificate program does not permit full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 cannot be issued based on admission to this program.