Certificate Name and Number: Management and Leadership Certificate – CTMLCG
Delivery Mode: Online
Terms of Entry: Fall, Spring, Summer
Enrollment Eligibility: Current degree-seeking student or non-degree status
Expected time to complete degree: one and a half to two semesters
The Management and Leadership Certificate addresses a critical need for in-career professionals to deepen their strategic managerial, leadership and team skills in support of the strategic context of organizations. This program develops strategic leaders who become aware of their personal capabilities in behavioral decision making and strategic mindset for creating extraordinary value.
Certificate Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Display leader and follower skills in a team setting.
- Make administrative, operational and strategic decisions based on sets of information.
- Analyze the business environment and identify trends, problems and diagnoses.
Opportunities upon Completion:
Students who complete this program will be more likely to rise to higher levels in their careers, leading people and projects at the next level. They will expand their networks and be ready for advancement opportunities and to take on the challenges of their current position. Students will be able to apply best practices to strategic leadership and decision making, create value through strategic competitive analysis, and implement strategies that can quickly impact personal and company success.
- Minimum semester hours: 9
- Thesis requirement: No
- Qualifying exam: No
- GPA in program: 3.0
Required Courses: MGT 5001, MGT 5002, MGT 5003
Financial aid eligibility information:
- Non-degree-seeking students enrolled in this certificate are not eligible for federal financial aid.
- Current degree-seeking students may use federal financial aid only for 1) coursework fulfilling requirements of their degree, including required elective hours, or 2) coursework toward a second financial aid-eligible program.
- Students receiving federal financial aid may not take courses for this certificate unless they are also enrolled full-time (9 hours) in their degree program during the same academic term. Financial aid may be used for courses that count toward both degree requirements and the certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official transcript(s)
- Current resume with optional cover letter
- Online application with $35 fee
- No GRE or GMAT scores required
International applicants must also submit:
- TOEFL iBT score of 150 or IELTS of 7.5
- General academic credentials evaluation (ECE or WES report)
Transfer credits are not accepted for this program.
International Students: This certificate program does not permit full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 cannot be issued based on admission to this program.