Certificate Name and Number: Business Venturing Certificate – CTBVCG
Delivery Mode: Online
Terms of Entry: Fall, Spring, Summer
Enrollment Eligibility: Current degree-seeking student or non-degree status
Expected time to complete degree: 3 semesters
The Business Venturing Certificate addresses a critical need for professionals to develop the competences that enable venturing in an established organization or startup. Students will develop innovative competences, and mindset for self or organization. Students will also develop the competences in individuals (transferable to organizations) that can help map, build, and grow entrepreneurial ecosystems.
Certificate Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Describe how existing organizations can become entrepreneurial.
- Construct a viable business model based on business ideas
- Create a business case for an idea/a new corporate venture
Opportunities upon Completion: Whether you are a mid-career professional or someone new to the business world, successful completion of the Business Venturing Certificate will enhance your knowledge in effectively developing and launching a new business or product line.
- Minimum semester hours: 9
- Thesis requirement: No
- Qualifying exam: No
- GPA in program: 3.0
- Required courses: MGT 5070, MGT 5071, MGT 5072
Financial aid eligibility information:
- Non-degree-seeking students enrolled in this certificate are not eligible for federal financial aid.
- Current degree-seeking students may use federal financial aid only for 1) coursework fulfilling requirements of their degree, including required elective hours, or 2) coursework toward a second financial aid-eligible program.
- Students receiving federal financial aid may not take courses for this certificate unless they are also enrolled full-time (9 hours) in their degree program during the same academic term. Financial aid may be used for courses that count toward both degree requirements and the certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official transcript(s)
- Current resume with optional cover letter
- Online application with $35 fee
- No GRE or GMAT scores required
International applicants must also submit:
- TOEFL iBT score of 150 or IELTS of 7.5
- General academic credentials evaluation (ECE or WES report)
Transfer credits are not accepted for this program.
International Students: This certificate program does not permit full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 cannot be issued based on admission to this program.