Degree Title and Name: Master of Business Administration
Program Name and Number: One-Year MBA – MB6123
Department/Unit: Graduate Programs, College of Business
Delivery Mode: Athens campus
Term(s) of Entry: Fall
Program Overview: The mission of the One-Year MBA program is to provide the best graduate education for business students in the region, by focusing on knowledge acquisition, systematic applied learning, and professional development.
MBA students build skills to support their career goals. Students work with fellow peers from diverse backgrounds, within a cohort structure, to gain a fresh perspective on local, national, and international issues. Learning to be a better leader and a more effective teammate are some of the many skills students learn in and outside the classroom.
Designed to be completed in one year, the 42-credit hour curriculum provides students with holistic business knowledge through rigorous core classes, professional development seminars, on-site company tours and networking, an intensive consulting capstone seminar, and an international immersion experience.
Program Learning Outcomes:
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of business knowledge across business disciplines.
- Use analytical thinking skills to solve business problems.
- Exhibit leadership skills relevant to the business profession.
- Demonstrate effective communications skills.
Link to Program: https://business.ohio.edu/academics/graduate-degrees/one-year-mba/
Graduation Requirements: The program curriculum is a 42 credit hour, lock-step program. Students will take the following courses over the course of three semesters (one calendar year).
- MBA 6315 Accounting for Executives
- MBA 6320 Descriptive Analytics
- MBA 6325 Prescriptive Analytics
- MBA 6335 Managerial Finance
- MBA 6340 Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management
- MBA 6350 Strategic Marketing
- MBA 6360 Strategic Use of Information Systems
- MBA 6370 Operations Management
- MBA 6380 Strategy
- MBA 6525 Ethics in Leadership
- MBA 6900 Leadership
- MBA 6900 New Venture Planning
- MBA 6900 Consulting Capstone Seminar
- MBA 6900 International Immersion
Culminating Experience: Students will synthesize MBA course learnings (including strategic marketing, prescriptive analytics, accounting, data analysis, organizational behavior, operations, managerial finance, strategy, and strategic use of information systems) to create specific, actionable deliverables aligning tactics to a client’s strategy in an intensive consulting capstone seminar in Ohio. Students then complete the program by traveling abroad to work with international companies on two-weeks of international consulting projects.
- Regionally accredited bachelor’s degree.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- GMAT or GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic references.
- Official transcripts from all degree bearing institutions at the bachelor’s level or higher and unofficial transcript for any additional college coursework.
- A professional plan statement discussing your career goals, how the master’s degree will help you achieve those goals, areas or competencies that you expect the program will help you strengthen and what you plan to contribute to the learning community.
- Current resume.
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native English speakers.
Transfer credits are not accepted for this program.
International Students: This program permits full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 may be issued based on admission to this program.