Degree Title: Master of Business Administration
Program Name and Number: Full-time MBA – MB6123
Department/Unit: Graduate Programs, College of Business
Delivery Mode: The One-year MBA is offered on the Athens campus.
Term of Entry: Fall
Program Mission: The mission of the Full-time MBA program is to provide the best graduate education for business students in the region, by focusing on knowledge acquisition, systematic applied learning, and personalized coaching.
Program Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of business knowledge across business disciplines.
- Integrate information from multiple business disciplines to frame and solve business problems.
- Evaluate business problems and apply business knowledge to add value in a business context.
- Develop the leadership skills necessary to lead organizations in a dynamic environment.
- Create effective teams through collaboration and the use of high performance team capabilities.
- Analyze ethical dimensions of business decisions using ethical decision frameworks.
- Demonstrate effective writing and presentation skills.
Program Overview: MBA students build skills to support their career goals. Students work with fellow peers from diverse backgrounds diverse backgrounds, within a cohort structure, to gain a fresh perspective on local, national, and international issues. Learning to be a better leader and a more effective teammate are some of the many skills students learn in and outside the classroom.
Designed to be completed in one year, the 42-credit hour curriculum provides students with holistic business knowledge through rigorous core classes, professional development seminars, on-site company tours and networking, an intensive capstone seminar, and an international immersion experience.
Graduation Requirements: The program curriculum is a 42 credit hour, lock-step program. Students will take the following courses over the course of three semesters (one calendar year).
- MBA 6315 Accounting for Executives
- MBA 6320 Data Analysis for Decision Making
- MBA 6325 Prescriptive Analytics
- MBA 6335 Managerial Finance
- MBA 6340 Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management
- MBA 6350 Strategic Marketing and Value Chain Management
- MBA 6360 Strategic Use of Information
- MBA 6370 Operations Management
- MBA 6380 Strategy
- MBA 6900 Executive Training Series
- MBA 6900 Building Team Consciousness
- MBA 6900 New Venture Planning
- MBA 6900 Capstone Seminar
- MBA 6900 International Immersion
Culminating Experience: Students will synthesize MBA course learnings (including strategic marketing, prescriptive analytics, accounting, data analysis, organizational behavior, operations, managerial finance, strategy, and strategic use of information systems) to create specific, actionable deliverables aligning tactics to a client’s strategy in an intensive capstone seminar. Students complete the program by traveling abroad to work with international companies and peers on a two-week consulting project.
- Regionally accredited bachelor’s degree.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- GMAT or GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic references.
- Official transcripts from all degree bearing institutions at the bachelor’s level or higher and unofficial transcript for any additional college coursework.
- A professional plan statement discussing your career goals, how the master’s degree will help you achieve those goals, areas or competencies that you expect the program will help you strengthen and what you plan to contribute to the learning community.
- Current resume.
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native English speakers.
Transfer credits are not accepted for this program.