Mar 28, 2023
HLTH 6350 - Human Resources Leadership in Health Care
Practical aspects of human resource leadership in various health care settings to optimize the performance of a diverse workforce.
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Analyze and plan for the relationship of organized labor and management in health care.
- Describe challenges of strategic human resource management in health care organizations.
- Describe role of human resource planning in strategic planning.
- Describe strategy to effectively recruit and select, retain, develop, and evaluate employees.
- Describe the role of human resources management practices in enhancing customer service.
- Develop job analysis strategies.
- Identify roles and activities of health care organization’s human resource function.
- Propose strategies to deal with the human resource challenges precipitated by diversity of gender, ethnicity, race, socioeconomic status, age, and lifestyle of employees, non-employee authorities (e.g., physicians), and patients.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)