Nov 30, 2023
GER 4439 - Modern Ger Usage
Selected problems in analysis and classroom presentation of German morphology and syntax.
Requisites: GER 3120
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Applies various grammatical, morphological, syntactical and idiomatic devices in both written and oral forms; uses synonyms effectively and is able to switch between spoken and written language with confidence.
- Has gained an expanded idiomatical lexicon.
- Is able to use passive voice and its equivalent constructions confidently.
- Is able to use verbal and nominal style according to the demands of the intended audience/readership.
- Negotiates syntactical structures on the sentence, paragraph and text level with ease.
- Understands the case system and uses these grammatical structures accurately.
- The successful student: - demonstrates deep understanding of basic and advanced grammatical concepts by using appropriate terminology.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)