Sep 23, 2023
HIST 3111J - Historical Research and Writing
Deals with techniques and mechanics of historical research and writing. After introduction to use of primary and secondary sources and use of history reference material, students are guided through steps of research and writing; compiling bibliography, analysis of sources, organization of evidence, and style and composition of written paper.
Requisites: Permission required and HIST major and (Jr or Sr)
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Advanced Writing
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 1J
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 seminar
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Be able to conceive of and carry out an original research project.
- Be able to develop written ideas, and apply strategies of revision.
- Be able to evaluate and positively critique student and professional writing.
- Produce a publishable-quality research paper.
- Understand the fundamentals of historical research.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)