Nov 29, 2022
ENG 3070J - Writing and Research in English Studies
Introduction to advanced writing and research in the field of English studies, including research methods, library resources, integration of primary and secondary sources, and proper scholarly documentation. Primarily intended for English and Integrated Language Arts majors, or students who have had or plan extensive coursework in English.
Requisites: (ENG 1510 or 1610) and (Jr or Sr)
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Advanced Writing
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 1J
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Composing an effective research essay that integrates use of primary and secondary sources.
- Constructing viable research questions in English studies.
- Evaluating research sources in English studies.
- Revising a research essay.
- Using academic databases in English studies.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)