Jun 26, 2022
ART 3000J - Criticism in the Visual Arts
Composition class designed to encourage understanding of historical perspectives in critical writings on visual arts. Students read and examine written criticism; develop research, grammar, and editing skills; and write analytical descriptive essays on appropriate visual arts subjects.
Requisites: Two courses in AH 2110 or 2120 or 2130
Credit Hours: 3
OHIO BRICKS Foundations: Advanced Writing
General Education Code (students who entered prior to Fall 2021-22): 1J
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Be able to critically assess and comment on own writing and writing of others.
- Be able to find and use Art resources in libraries and on-line sites.
- Develop fundamental writing skills.
- Develop ideas for research projects and be able to apply strategies of revision.
- Use critical thinking to analyze and interpret the content and social function of visual culture.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)