Sep 26, 2023
COMM 5210 - Virtual Reality Production - Sound & Image
This course explores the process of designing, pre-producing, creating, and distributing immersive audio experiences as stand-alone projects and in combination with visual assets such as digital environments and 360-degree stories.
Credit Hours: 4
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 4.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to design and create immersive audio assets for digital environments.
- Students will be able to design and create immersive audio assets for 360-degree stories.
- Students will be able to recognize and demonstrate the difference between immersive audio and more traditional forms of sound design and music recording.
- Students will be able to identify technical boundaries in the medium of immersive audio and will be able to design ways to push these boundaries.
- Students will be able to analyze and critique projects based upon industry trends and professional practices.
- Students will be able to analyze workflow strategies for immersive audio assets.
- Students will be able to strategize and distribute immersive audio content via the web.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)