Sep 26, 2023
COED 6210 - Coaching Soccer: The Beautiful Game
Soccer’s universality is its simplicity - the fact that the game can be played anywhere with anything. Soccer is not a stand-in for anything else. This course will explore what soccer coaches need to know about being a coach, what roles they are required to perform and how they will teach the beautiful game to players at all skill levels. Methods of coaching, technical and tactical instruction and the development of seasonal and daily practice plans are the foundations of this course.
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 seminar
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,PR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will defend the role reflection plays on learning how to be a better soccer coach.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of skill development and skill progressions in soccer.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of tactical development based on technical and physical ability of soccer players.
- Students will identify knowledge areas necessary for soccer coaches.
- Students will identify the qualities of becoming an effective soccer coach.
- Students will identify the various roles and responsibilities that soccer coaches have.
- Students will utilize appropriate instructional strategies to facilitate soccer player development.
- Students will write a personal soccer coaching philosophy.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)