Dec 03, 2022
CSD 6740 - Hearing Aids
Fundamental aspects of hearing aid form, function, fit, and verification are introduced. Topics germane to hearing aid dispensing such as counseling, prescriptive gain, fitting strategies, programming, and trouble shooting are discussed and practiced.
Requisites: CSD 6730 and 6770
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Demonstrate knowledge of earmold acoustics and modification techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hearing aid counseling, fitting, prescription, and trouble shooting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the components of a modern hearing aid and its role in sound processing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the features and uses of linear and non-linear hearing aids.
- Demonstrate knowledge on how to measure and interpret the electroacoustic parameters of a hearing aid.
- Demonstrate knowledge on the use of expansion in hearing aids.
- Recognize the difference between analog and digital signal processing (DSP).
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)