Dec 03, 2022
CS 6440 - Advanced Topics in Computer Networking
High-speed networking, experimental protocols, congestion control, reliability, security, distributed systems.
Requisites: CS 5440
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will end the course with a much better understanding of open research and development efforts in the networking field.
- Students will gain confidence in leading a class discussion and being the knowledge expert for assigned topics.
- Students will improve their ability to work on open ended programming and configuration tasks either independently or in small groups with only minimal instructions.
- Students will learn a healthy skepticism when reviewing the work of others.
- Students will learn a set of appropriate tools for analyzing network protocols and their network performance.
- Students will learn to form independent opinions based on readings and analysis of the research of others and will learn to vigorously defend those opinions during spirited debate.
- Students will learn to implement applications and protocols based on written specifications.
- Students will learn to thoroughly read published papers, follow references, and digest and retain the information.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)