Dec 03, 2022
CE 6840 - Constitutive Equations
Stress, strain, linear and nonlinear theories of elastic media, stress path, and introduction to plasticity.
Requisites: Permission required
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to deal with stress and strain tensors.
- Students will be able to use the first-order & second-order elasticity models.
- Students will be introduced to plastic model theories.
- Students will become familiar with some experimental techniques of engineering mechanics.
- Students will learn about hypoelasticity.
- Students will understand tensor notation.
- Students will understand the difference between linear and nonlinear material behaviors.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)