Sep 27, 2023
CE 6630 - Highway Safety and Risk Management
Introduction to highway safety improvement program and three plus standards. Specific topics include data collection, identification of hazardous locations, crash reconstruction, countermeasures, and risk management.
Requisites: Permission required
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will learn about defect surveillance program.
- Students will learn about hiighway safety planning, data collection & management.
- Students will learn about liability and risk management issues related to highway safety.
- Students will learn about traffic crash probabilities.
- Students will learn how crash can be reconstructed.
- Students will learn how safety hazard locations are identified.
- Students will learn how to develop possible counter measures.
- Students will learn how to establish priorities and evaluste counter measures.
- Students will understand legal systems in the U.S.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)