Dec 03, 2022
CE 6230 - Continuum Mechanics I
Matrix methods in mechanics and structures; law of dynamics; mechanical properties of solids and fluids; and basic theories of continuum mechanics.
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will become familiar with tensor natations.
- Students will know definitions of engineering stresses.
- Students will learn a few different inelasticity behaviors.
- Students will learn definisions of engineering strains.
- Students will learn principles of virtual work and how to apply it to solve mechanical problems.
- Students will learn the differences between Newtonian & non-Newtonean fluid theories.
- Students will learn thermodynamics laws.
- Students will understand linear elasticity theories.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)