Oct 04, 2023
CE 6150 - Heavy Construction Management
Provides a foundation of heavy construction management knowledge appropriate for use in the engineering and construction industry. Covers construction management principles related to heavy construction project work. Topics covered include: life cycle cost analysis, contract administration, project planning, project progress tracking and control, project risk management, and project safety.
Requisites: Permission required
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to perform project planning using computer programs (e.g. Primavera Project Planner).
- Students will learn about construction contract administration.
- Students will learn about life cycle analysis.
- Students will learn about quality control measures.
- Students will learn about safety issues related to construction.
- Students will learn how to track and control progress of construction project.
- Students will understand how project risk management is made.
- Students will understand the nature of heavy construction projects.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)