Nov 30, 2023
CE 5770 - Rock Mechanics and Design
Physical properties and classification of intact rock and rock masses, rock exploration, engineering properties of rock, stresses in rock around underground openings. Rock tunneling, rock slope stability, bolting, blasting, grouting, and rock foundation design.
Requisites: Permission required
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to estimate deformation os rock.
- Students will be introduced to rock exploration methods.
- Students will learn about engineering properties of rock.
- Students will learn about rock bolting & tieback methods.
- Students will learn about rock slope stability.
- Students will review rocks & mineral & rock classifications.
- Students will understand criteria of rock failures.
- Students will understand rock tunneling operations.
- Students will understand the nature of rock mechanics.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)