Sep 26, 2023
CE 5540 - Sustainable Construction
Investigations into green building construction practices and sustainability including use of novel or recycled materials, energy management and efficiency, water use/re-use, and indoor air quality.
Requisites: CE 2160
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will examine case studies and develop their own projects.
- Students will learn about Building Rating Systems (LEED, …).
- Students will learn about creative ways to manage water & wastewater systems.
- Students will learn about how air quality can be managed.
- Students will learn about how energy can be managed efficiently in sustainable construction.
- Students will learn about how to develop a construction plan, ranging from site selection to material selection to construction techniques.
- Students will learn about zoning, codes, and permit process in relationship to sustainable construction projects.
- Students will learn fundamentals of sustainable construction concept.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)