Oct 04, 2023
CE 5530 - Solid & Hazardous Waste Management
Identification, classification, and study of methods of characterization, handling, treating, managing, and disposal of solid/hazardous wastes regulated under federal and state guidelines and legislation, site remediation, green chemistry.
Requisites: CE 3530
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will be able to classify hazardous waste.
- Students will be able to design a waste collection system for a community.
- Students will be introduced to basic elements of solid/hazardous waste landfill design.
- Students will be introduced to environmental agencies, regulations, and ethics.
- Students will be introduced to remediation methods for sites contaminated with hazardous waste.
- Students will gain a better understanding of recycle, reuse, waste minimization & composting.
- Students will learn about an alternative treatment method of waste incineration.
- Students will learn about generations, sources, characteristics $ quantities of solid waste.
- Students will learn about green engineering.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)