Sep 26, 2022
AH 5260 - Baroque and Rococo Art
Art of Europe in 17th- and 18th- centuries.
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,PR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Be able to critically assess and comment on own writing and writing of others.
- Become familiarized with major works of Italian and northern European art.
- Demonstrate advanced interpretative skills through oral presentations and written works.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of materials and processes employed in the making of Baroque and Rococo art.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of scholarly resources appropriate to topic, including printed and electronic sources.
- Develop focused research projects and be able to apply strategies of revision.
- Explore arts of period through a variety of contexts, including aesthetics, culture, society, politics, performance, religion, and gender.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)