Oct 01, 2022
AH 5210 - Roman Art
Art of ancient Rome.
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,PR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Be able to critically assess and comment on own writing and writing of others.
- Become familiarized with major works of art of ancient Rome.
- Demonstrate knowledge of materials and processes used in creating specific works of art of ancient Rome.
- Demonstrate knowledge of scholarly resources appropriate to research topic, including printed and electronic sources.
- Develop critical thinking and viewing of art and texts pertaining to ancient Rome.
- Develop focused research projects and be able to apply strategies of revision.
- Explore Roman art through a variety of contexts, including aesthetics, culture, society, politics, performance, religion, and gender.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)