Jul 29, 2021
WOL 2110 - Intermediate Wolof I
Culture based approach to increased language proficiency. Students continue to develop listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills as they study diverse history and customs of Wolof speakers.
Requisites: WOL 1120 or 113
Credit Hours: 4
General Education Code: 2CP
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 4.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Broaden their knowledge of the Wolof culture.
- Compare and contrast entities in Wolof.
- Engage in Wolof role-play situations where they request and receive information, goods, and services, such as going to a restaurant and ordering a dress to the tailor.
- Initiate and converse with ease and confidence longer conversation on a variety of topics such as family values in Senegal and caste system.
- Narrate and describe with more details using connected paragraphs.
- Share opinions, preferences and feelings in Wolof.
- To be understood by native speakers.
- Understand movies or documentaries from Wolof land.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)