Sep 22, 2021
MUS 1010 - Music Theory I
Study of the formal, melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic principles of tonal music.
Requisites: Music major
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: TAG Course: OAH052 2-yr seq - Music Theory and Ear Training/Sightsing
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Students will be able to identify and use concepts of intervallic and triadic inversion.
- Students will be able to identify and write basic harmonic progressions and phrase structures.
- Students will demonstrate ability to read and write conventional rhythmic notation.
- Students will demonstrate ability to read and write music using fundamental concepts of interval, scale, key, and basic triads.
- Students will demonstrate ability to read pitch notation in all clefs.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)