Sep 28, 2021
MDIA 1450 - Video Production Basics
This course introduces students to basic video theory and production. Students engage in video production and editing exercises, as well as relevant readings and studies in the history and current practices in the video production industries.
Requisites: C or better in MDIA 1010
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 seminar
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: CTAG Course: CTIM006 Digital Video Production
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Students will be able to explain and practice basic techniques in videography.
- Students will be able to describe and employ basic lighting and image composition techniques.
- Students will be able to summarize the history of and technology behind professional video production.
- Students will be able to explain and practice the basic operation of industry-standard editing software.
- Students will be able to describe the different roles involved in creating video communications.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)