Jun 06, 2023
HUM 2170 - Great Books of Asia, Ancient to Present
Explores the cultures of India, China, and Japan through literature and relevant philosophies; major texts of other Asian countries may be added or substituted as well.
Requisites: ENG 1510 or 1610 or 151A or 152 or 153 or 153A or 153B
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 2CP
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: OTM Course: TMAH Arts & Humanities
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Explore the cultural/literary connections & differences among masterpieces of India, China, and Japan.
- Interpret and analyze the ancient-to-present thread of classic Asian poems, plays, and fiction.
- Present students with a multiculural, global perspective.
- Provide an overview of Asian literature as a complement to Western literature.
- Study the reasons for the differing genres used in India, China, and Japan.
- Understand the relationship between the respective cultures and literary classics of India, China, and Japan.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)