Sep 23, 2023
HIND 1110 - Elementary Hindi-Urdu I
Culture based approach to increased language proficiency. Students continue to develop listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills as they study diverse history and customs of Hindi-Urdu speakers.
Credit Hours: 4
General Education Code: 2CP
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 4.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Build a personal Hindi dictionary.
- Carry out simple introductory conversation in Hindi. For instance, greetings, how are you, I am fine thank you, what is the time, what is your name etc.
- Conjunction of consonants.
- Have a basic familiarity and understanding of basic Hindi grammar and its usage.
- Learn both dependent and independent (maatraa) forms of Hindi language vowels.
- Pronounce vowels and consonants appropriately according to Devnagri script.
- Read and write simple words and sentences in Hindi.
- Read, write, and count one to ten in Hindi language.
- Read, write, and say the seven days of the week in Hindi language.
- Read, write, and speak Hindi language consonants in Devnagri script.
- Read, write, and speak Hindi language vowels in Devnagri script.
- Write their own names in Hindi language using Devnagri script.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)