Jun 09, 2023
ART 3660 - Professional Practices in Interior Design
Investigation and application of business procedures, types of business, insurance, liabilities, contractual agreements, and the support materials needed to operate a professional design practice. Professional presentation skills explored.
Requisites: Jr or Sr
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will acquire awareness of documents useful to the interior design practice.
- Students will acquire knowledge of marketing and business development.
- Students will develop a business plan for an interior design practice.
- Students will develop an awareness of legal issues that relate to the interior design practice.
- Students will gain an awareness of financial accounting and management.
- Students will gain an awareness of need for insurance and costs.
- Students will identify different design practices and scope of services.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)