Sep 28, 2021
COED 6130 - Finance for Sport Coaches
Designed to explore the coaches¿ financial responsibilities, especially those related to fundraising, facilities, and equipment. The purpose of this course is to better equip developing sport coaches in handling the finances of their programs. Coaches at most level are required to fund-raise, manage, or develop facilities, and care for equipment. This course is a reflection of Domain 7 (Organization and Administration) from the National Standards for Sport Coaches (NASPE, 2006).
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,PR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will create a budget specific to their sport or program. This includes both revenue and expense budgets, as well as one year and multi-year budgets.
- Students will determine a method(s) to best manage their budget.
- Students will develop and communicate the ‘story’ of a fundraising project or program.
- Students will explore critical financial management issues such as facility, equipment and personnel management.
- Students will explore different stewardship techniques and outline how to select the best stewardship technique for each participant in a fundraising project.
- Students will have a knowledge of and develop a plan for how to recruit and enlist volunteers for fundraising projects.
- Students will recognize and specify the possible difference in motivation for individual and businesses to participate in fundraising projects.
- Students will understand and describe at least five different ‘methods’ of fundraising.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)