Oct 23, 2021
EDSP 6810 - Graduate Practicum in Mild-Moderate Educational Needs
A practical, field-based learning experience involving assessment, planning and teaching under the direction of a cooperating teacher and university supervisor. Complete a minimum of 30 hours of field work per college credit hour in an approved special education placement for learners with mild to moderate educational needs.
Requisites: Permission required
Credit Hours: 2 - 6
Repeat/Retake Information: May be repeated for a maximum of 6.0 hours.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 0.5 seminar
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,CR,PR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Demonstrate and use appropriate and modified assessment/data collection techniques tied to individual¿s needs in various domains.
- Demonstrate and use instructional strategies appropriate to learner’s needs.
- Demonstrate collaboration with other professionals, related service providers, para-professionals, families, and use community resources.
- Demonstrate skills to promote and use language and communication.
- Demonstrate skills to promote appropriate learning environments and social interactions.
- Develop instructional plans and deliver instruction appropriate to individual needs.
- Engage in professional and ethical practices.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)